A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Play basketball using your voice.
Is your voice versatile enough to play ball?
Making noises to put a ball in a basket is the dumbest thing I could possibly think of.Bryan "Hates Freedom" Lunduke
The fact he did it is kinda neat.
This is an entry for the https://itch.io/jam/linux-game-jam-2018 made in less than 48 hours.
Thank you OffensivePolygon for coming up with the name!
Controls: [R] to Reset, [ESC] to quit
Made on Linux using entirely free software. Thanks to all the people who made:
- Inspect.lua by Kikito
- fft.lua by raidho36/rcoaxil
- ZeroBrane Studio
- Version 1.0 was the final version for the Game Jam.
- Version 1 .1 is just a smaller download (removed unnecessary files, converted a sound file to vorbis.
- Version 1.2 displays the score at the end of round and instructions on how to reset or quit.
You will need Löve 11.* to run this. Get it at https://love2d.org/ or from your repository.
$ love Audible_Dribble-1.0.love
OSX and Windows:
Probably drag & drop the game onto the Löve icon or something, idk.
- The game assumes the microphone is connected to the first audio device it detects and that it supports recording at 48 kHz, 16 bit mono. If that fails it just quits itself.
- There are no controls for input sensitivity.
- The audio range it reacts to is roughly 1200 Hz to 12000 Hz, which may be a bit much. Try hissing to hit the heights.
- It's probably a prime example of how not to do audio processing.
- It could use a large amount of tweaking.